Genuine Gurkha Panawal 5 Fuller Khukuri Khukri Kukri Knife 12 inch Full Tang with Bone and Wood Mixed Handle
This is 12 inch heavy and strong Panchira ( five fuller) sharp Khukuri knife. This is special Khukuri with beautiful rose wood and buffalo bone handle that has easy and strong grip. It is used in sacrificial ceremonies besides general household use and self defense
The Khukuri is a traditional knife from Nepal. It is used as a tool and as a weapon in Nepal and some neighboring countries of South Asia. Traditionally it was, and in many cases still is, the basic utility knife of the Nepalese people. Khukuri is the pride of the Gurkhas and a symbol of bravery in Nepal. It is also the weapon of the Nepalese Army, the Royal Gurkha Rifles, the Assam Rifles, the Assam Regiment of Indian Army and of all Gurkha regiments throughout the world. so much so that Some English-speakers refer to the weapon Khukuri as a the “Gurkha blade" or the "Gurkha knife" or Kukri. The Kukhuri often appears in Nepalese heraldry and is used in many traditional rituals as well as in wedding ceremonies. The home of the Kukhuri is the small hilly district of Bhojpur located in Eastern Nepal. The district is the home of a large number of blacksmith who have been making the Kukhuris from immemorial times.
Highly Graded Carbon Steel, Semi/unpolished blade
A grade leaf spring steel (from car or jeep 5160)
Hardness of Steel
Spine 22 & 25 Rc, Midpoint of the belly 45 & 46 Rc, and the edge 54 & 55 Rc.
Handle Made Of
Length of Handle
Scabbard Made Of
Water Buffalo Hide/Leather (Outside) and Pine wood (Inside)
Handmade with fix blade
Length of Blade
Weight of Blade
*As Khukuris are handmade they may have slight variations in measurements. The Khukuri comes with in a leather case and with two smaller knives: the Karda and the Chakmak
The Karda is used as an auxiliary knife and The Chakmak is used for sharpening the blade of the Kukhuri.
The Khukuri can be a useful working tool as well as an excellent present for decoration.
We will ship within 24 hours from the receipt of payment and advise tracking number. We use international expedited shipping.
USA, UK: 3 ~ 5 Working Days
AUS/ CANADA/ / EU: 4 ~ 7 working days
Rest : 6 ~9 working days
HANDLING AND CARE OF KHUKURI
HOW TO REMOVE YOUR KHUKURI FROM SCABBARD
Do not encircle the scabbard with your finger while taking out your Khukuri. This may cause injury.
· When you take out the Kukri from its case or scabbard, always make sure that the sharp side of the blade is opposite to your body.
· If the blade is stuck in the case or scabbard, do not try to take it out with force, Move the blade up and down a couple of times and try to pull it slowly out.
HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR KHUKURI?
· Please apply machine / gun oil, on the blade at least once a month or every time after use. As Kukhuris are made of carbon steel, make sure not to leave any fingerprint on the blade. The fingerprints may contribute to the blade to rust. In case rust develops, rub it off with fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using petroleum oil, wipe it off with a clean cloth and apply lubricating oil.
· Both sides of the Chakmak can be used to sharpen the blade of THE KHUKURI. However, a sharpening stone is recommended.
· Please do not to expose the Scabbard to the sun for a long time, as heating may shrink the Scabbard and can make the blade difficult to inserted in the Scabbard.
Khukuri can be dangerous. There are some ways to use it in order to avoid accident.
DO NOT HIT THE KUKHURI AGAINST ANY METAL, STONES OR ANY OTHER HARD MATERIALS. Make sure your blade is always dry after use and apply some lubricants on the blade to protect it from rust.
We request you to check import regulation and custom duties before ordering the item. Import duties, taxes and other charges ( if any) at destination countries are of buyer ’s responsibility and hence we shall not take any responsibilities on these.